Forklift Truck Refurbishment in Bristol. When is the Best Time to Are you Looking to Replace your Forklift?
When forklifts are not maintained your costs can increase due to maintenance. So how do you determine the right time to make a new, significant purchase? If you are considering replacing your machine why not speak to South West Forklifts the experts in forklift truck refurbishment in Bristol.
Forklift Life Span
Some forklifts may remain useful for 10 years or more, however, they may no longer operate economically. For every forklift, there is a limit to its economic life. At some point, the cost to maintain it exceeds the cost to replace it.
The optimal time to replace your forklift is dependent on a number of factors which include:
– The type of forklift and the age
– The type of the application
– The number of hours it operates per year
– The type and frequency of servicing it receives
Type of forklift:
Generally speaking, electric forklifts will have a the longest lifespan. This is because they have far fewer moving components.
Type of Work:
The type of work the machine does has a major influence on the economic life of your forklift. Forklifts which are exposed to extreme temperatures, sea water or corrosives will have a shorter life span. Forklifts that operate in clean warehouses with wide aisles would generally have a longer life span.
The number of hours you operate a forklift per year determines how long it can operate economically.
If your forklifts are on a programme of regular servicing, they will last longer than those that receive attention only when something goes wrong. It is important that the operators or mechanics check the vital fluids at the start of each shift.
Planned Replacement is Good Advice
A key component of any successful fleet management program is a planned replacement strategy. As a general rule, forklifts have an economic life of approximately 10,000 to 12,000 hours.
South West Forklifts are well known for the quality of its forklift truck refurbishment in Bristol and the surrounding area. All machines are supplied with LOLER certificates, comprehensive warranties and finance packages to suit.
We go to great lengths to ensure that the refurbished forklift trucks are produced to the highest standards:
• Each forklift is thoroughly inspected in detail before the refurbishment. Any safety critical components are automatically checked and replaced were necessary as well as a list of parts being produced.
• The forks and hoist chains are tested and replaced if required. The carriage and mast is re-rolled and re-sealed where necessary and brakes overhauled.
• We check the welds of the fork lift for structural strength.
• The machine is stripped back to the base metal then re painted in the original manufacturers or company colours if requested.
• Once the machine is rebuilt, we will then conduct a further 33 point pre delivery inspection and issue all relevant safety certificates.
• 6 months or 500hour parts & labour warranty is supplied with every machine.
If you would like to discuss replacing your forklift with a refurbished forklift or new forklift please contact us.